Total Pageviews

Jul 9, 2012

Ukulele

If you haven't figured it out yet, my family is Mormon.  It's hard getting to church all the time, and once we are there, it is equally as hard to stay.  So, I think we are probably considered "less active" in our church because we average getting there once a month.  Anyway, we have some very cool missionaries that come to our house every couple of weeks to visit, see how we're doing, and leave a spiritual message.  I really like that.  It gives me a reminder of what's important and brings a peaceful feeling to my crazy home.
Today was the best.  One of the Elders brought his ukulele and a Primary Children's Songbook.  He then proceeded to play and sing a bunch of primary songs.  It was so sweet because Caiti started flapping and screaming with glee.  She was dancing, galloping and just so happy.  Whenever he stopped singing, she would walk up to him, mutter some gibberish, until I prompted her to say, "More songs!"  It was the cutest thing ever.  So, as an autism mom, I'm grateful for the missionary who brought his ukulele and a little joy into my house this evening.  :)

2 comments: